Diving is one of the main entertainments in Phuket, because only here you can see unique underwater landscapes.
Moreover, both professionals and beginners can go scuba diving in Phuket. There are many diving courses and tours, where everyone can become a researcher of the sea depths. In our article we will describe the best and most famous places for diving in Phuket.
• The Similan Islands are one of the most famous diving sites not only in Thailand, but throughout the world. Here you can explore the rich underwater world of the Andaman Sea. However, only certified divers can dive here and admire the picturesque views.
• Racha Yai Island. This island is located near Phuket and is well known to divers from different countries. There are shallow areas for beginners and deeper zones (from 18 meters deep) for professionals. This island is also an ideal place for snorkeling.
• Phi Phi Islands are also popular with divers. The archipelago is famous for its beautiful underwater landscapes with coral reefs. There are several diving centers with experienced instructors who will teach everyone to dive.
• Professional divers can also visit the King Cruiser liner sunken in the coastal waters of Phuket. Diving down to 30 m deep, every diver can make a sensational discovery.
• The Anemone Reef is also a perfect place to go diving in Phuket. Beautiful anemones, rocks, colorful fish and other underwater inhabitants will amaze you with their beauty.
• Diving in Shark Point is entertainment for brave people. Here divers often see beautiful and awesome leopard sharks. But you should not be afraid of them, as this sharks eat only plankton and corals.
• Fans of extreme may also be interested in the numerous underwater caves near Koh Dok Mai. Stone walls 50 metres above the sea level and 20 meters deep are a fascinating view.